Saturday 2 March 2024

Could Have Been Worse

Back from another trip across country to visit family - this one a tad on the fraught side . . .

Friday was a real 'Jonah Day' - took the car into town to get some bits and pieces for my parents - parking in one of the few 'timed' ANPR monitored car parks.  It was only on the the way back to the car though that this fact struck me - and at a rough calculation I left somewhere around 5-10 minutes over my time.  All of which put me into a foul mood - with the prospect of having to pay a £90 fine for just 'not thinking'!*


Then, having just about recovered my equilibrium, went out to the car to go and fetch fish and chips, and found it had a flat tyre!


Luckily the brother-in-law knew someone who was able to sort it for me - but we did have to have a new tyre (fitted at 10.45pm that night by the roadside!).

By then I was of course looking out for the third car related event - which duly had me stopping at the side of a busy A14 the next day trying to reattach a windscreen wiper in the wind and rain!  (Managed to jam it back on, but used the wipers with some restraint on the rest of the journey despite encountering rain, sleet and snow!).


Of course it wasn't all bad - there was family time, and cuddles with Marci Moo (seen here enjoying a lick of beer).

And the snow did at least provide some nice views on the final leg of the journey home:








*Update - after watching the post for a couple of weeks, it seems I was stressing for nothing, as no ticket arrived.  Either I miscalculated and I was still ok, or was over such a short amount of time I was given some grace!

No comments: