Sunday 11 August 2013

On My Bike . . .

Finally took the plunge and ordered myself an electric bike the other day - had been thinking about it for a while - the idea being that it would give me sufficient extra oomph to halfway keep up with Martin on the hills.

My new 'Batribike Diamond' turned up in a box (some assembly required - luckily Martin knows his bikes).  Took it on a test ride and it certainly helped me keep going up the hills (still have to keep pedalling).



Couple of minor issues - the rim tape on the inside of the wheels wasn't up to the job, and the first few times I went out kept getting spoke punctures on the back wheel (which is a real pain on an electric bike - not easy to remove the wheel to change the inner tube).


A reel of electricians tape later and the problem appears to have been solved - which means I'll have to get on my bike from now on . . .

No comments: