Friday 24 November 2017

Treadmill Torture or Treat?

I had been asking Sarah for many months if we could convert the downstairs bedroom to a gym with a treadmill and exercise bike; currently the room is a magnet for clutter, only getting cleared out just before we have visitors.

I countered all her objections with helpful and practical suggestions such as we could put a sofa bed in the lounge or move the equipment out when visitors arrive and put the bed back.  When even the tried and tested "Gaylord Persuasion Technique" of crying like a girl (as employed by my Ex-Old Drinking Buddy) had failed and I had given up all hope, Sarah came up with the suggestion of putting a treadmill in the Porch.

Not the home gym I had wanted, but then you have to take what you can get! 


After what seemed like weeks of research I finally decided on a model, however Argos then ended their treadmill discounts and so, being a Cardi, I had to wait until they were back on offer.  

Finally, today, a VERY large and heavy box was delivered into the narrow porch.  




Building the machine was not easy in the space available; neither was manoeuvring out the empty box that is large enough to be the put-you-up bed that I suggested could be put in the front room for our visitors!

But here we go - up and running (literally).  


The narrow walls of the porch can feel a bit daunting when running at speed but on the whole I think it will work well as the windows and door provide ample ventilation.

Update (21 December)
The treadmill has now been in place for nearly a month now and is getting regular use by both myself and Sarah. I feel that I have got fitter since it has arrived and my running stamina has certainly improved - and maybe we will make an athlete out of Sarah yet!

No comments: