Wednesday 4 March 2009

Out With The Old . . .

Long time, no blog. February was a strange month - my last working in academia - and after taking down the hedge, we didn't seem to do a great deal around the garden. Did clear up most of the hedge debris - Martin just needs to dig out the stumps now - I'll leave that to him and the chainsaw!

Anyway with the end of February, I finally finished with the University (well for the most part anyway - will still be marking for them!). On my last day there was the traditional coffee and cakes, and I was presented with a lovely bouquet of flowers, a standard Bay Tree in a pot, and a silver pendant set with quartz. There was a card and speeches, and it was all rather strange - I've been there nearly six years (plus all that time as an undergraduate, Masters and PhD student), and can't quite believe it's over . . .

No comments: